Home Care Services for Seniors
Perhaps you’ve noticed your loved one is losing the ability to care for him- or herself. Sometimes, declines can happen gradually or a sudden change in health, recent fall or depression can cause difficulty. There may be concern over a loved one putting themselves in danger due to worsening memory problems; maybe forgetting to turn the gas off, wandering outside or forgetting medications .
Many older adults also prefer to stay at home for as long as possible rather than moving into a long–term care facility as they age. This may be the right choice if loved ones need assistance with daily activities and prefer to keep a close network of nearby family and friends. Regardless of the reason or situation our loving, trained staff can come into the home and be the caregiver for you.
What can help you stay at home?
Livewell Home Care includes the following services that might be of help depending on how much support you have, your general health and your tailored needs:
- Respite care
- Companionship and conversation
- Evening assistance and tuck in
- Respite care
- Assisting with clothing selection
- Looking after house plants
- Reminders for appointments
- Games and cards
- Renting and playing movies
- Visiting friends and loved ones
- Supervising home maintenance
- Aid with monitoring and wake up
- Provide Alzheimer’s care
- Provide medication reminders
- Escort to religious functions
- Escort to shopping and errands
- Accompany to lunch and dinner
- Accompany to appointments
- Preparing meals
- Shop for grocery and supplies
- Pick up prescriptions
- Dust furniture
- Change linens
- Assist with walking
- Arrange appointments
- Take out garbage
Livewell Personal Emergency Monitoring Unit
Every Livewell Home Care client will be provided with a Personal Emergency Monitoring Unit for a low fixed monthly cost. This service allows the emergency unit to contact Vila Nova Place where emergency personnel, personal family contacts and/or designated caregivers are dispatched or notified. Our center will connect the right entity to fit your emergency needs.
If a client needs assistance when inside the home, they simply push the help button on pendant and the Livewell Home Care system will immediately send an emergency signal. Within seconds, staff at Villa Nova Place will communicate with them directly through the two-way voice system. The situation will then be assessed and any assistance they require will be provided. All contacts will be notified and emergency personnel will be dispatched if necessary. Our staff can immediately access medical records and other vital information to ensure the most informed and reliable response.
- The unit is integrated into the facility’s telephone system
- Only requires a telephone outlet and A/C power source in each area
- The system is activated when residents press their remote pendant button
- contacts our centre where an emergency or personal contact is notified or dispatched
- Portable telephones can allow response personnel to handle calls from anywhere
- The unit has built-in battery backup power in the event of a power failure
- Five numbers will be called in succession when triggered, numbers are fully programmable.
- It will continue to call the list until it receives a response.